The Composition of an Invitation Suite
Our stationery suites are à la carte, choose only what you need.
The Essentials...What everyone needs
• Invitation Card – The who, what and where to your big day!
• Response or RSVP Card – Guests will let you know if they’re able to attend, their entree choice or even song requests!
• Thank You Card – Show gratitude to your friends and family. Order extra to have on hand long after your wedding.
• Envelopes – Custom colors, liners and address printing available on any envelope.
The Extras... What some couples need
• Save the Date Card – Available on card stock or magnetic stock.
• Outer Invitation Envelope – Addressed to your guest’s home, an inner envelope will list each invited guest.
• Envelope Liners – Solid or patterned options available and come assembled in the coordinating envelope.
• Enclosure Card – An additional card to include in your suite that can provide information for your a reception, directions, accommodations, etc.
• Belly Bands – Decorative ‘belts’ that hold your invitation suite neatly in place.
• Wedding Program – Let your guests know who is who in your bridal party and follow the order of ceremony.
• Table Numbers – Guests and catering will easily find their way to their seat.
• Escort Cards – Display guest names and their table number.
• Place Cards – Display guests names at their assigned seat. Choose a folded card to stand alone or a flat card to be placed in a card holder.
• Favor Tags or Labels – For favors or gifts, these vary in size and can be attached with a string or adhesive.
• Menu Cards – Ideal for a served meal that was not pre-selected by your guests.
• Signage – Sizes are custom to fit in a frame or with thick card stock can be set on an easel.
Wedding Stationery Timeline
These date ranges will help you take the guess work out of when to order and send each piece. Get your planner out, mark some dates and stick to them!
We recommend that guests return their response cards no later than three weeks prior to your wedding. Your caterer may need a guest count as early as four weeks prior. This will give you enough time to call those who haven’t responded to confirm if they can attend or not. Once your final guest count is determined you’ll know how many programs, escort cards and table numbers are needed.
See our Shipping section below for when you can expect your prints to arrive.
12 Months Prior to Wedding
Order Thank You Notes
10 to 6 Months Prior to Wedding
6 to 4 Months Prior to Wedding
Order Wedding Invitations
Order Rehearsal Dinner Invitations Order Farewell Brunch Invitations
8 to 6 Weeks Prior to Wedding
Mail Wedding Invitations
Mail Rehearsal Dinner Invitations
Mail Farewell Brunch Invitations
8 to 4 Weeks Prior to Wedding
Order Wedding Programs
Order Table Numbers
Order Escort Cards
Order Favor Tags
2 to 4 Weeks After Wedding
Mail Thank You Notes
We design both custom and semi-custom invitations. All designs are original and created by a real, live graphic designer here at Red Punch.
Custom designs are available for those clients that want a completely unique design. We will have an in-person meeting if you are local or over a call if you’re located outside the Pittsburgh area. We’ll talk about your overall vision including floral, attire, setting, budget, etc. We welcome images to help inspire us! In our second meeting we will discuss your design and printing options.
We’re limited to the number of custom invitation suites we can take on each year. Depending on your needs and print methods, e.g. flat, letterpress, die cut, foil, wax seals will affect pricing and production timeline. To start your custom design, we require a design fee of $350. Please allow an extra 30 days for design and printing. For questions regarding custom designs, drop us a line!
We’ve created a semi-custom collection that you can customize with your choice of colors, papers, patterns and more. Upgrades such as foil stamping and die cut edges are an additional fee and are available by request on our semi-custom designs. Pricing varies and can be added to any order, let us know which pieces you would like foiled or die cut and we will send you a custom quote.
1. Select any item you would like to order.
2. After your items are purchased, you’ll be emailed a link where you’ll enter your wording and design preferences.
3. Once we receive your details, you’ll receive a digital PDF proof for your review within 1-2 business days (Mon – Fri).
4. You will have the opportunity to request two rounds of changes. We will send you a revised digital PDF proof within 1-2 business days. Revisions beyond the three proofs that are included are subject to an additional fee of $22 per proof.
5. After you have approved to print, your order will ship in 5-7 business days. This does not include shipping time. (See Shipping section below for details)
- Contact us directly to begin the design process. The fastest way to reach us is by sending us your info here!
2. We’ll schedule a meeting, either by phone or in person, to discuss your event aesthetic, ideas and budget.
3. After the meeting we will send an itemized invoice that includes a custom design fee of $350 and each item you’ve requested.
4. After your items are purchased, you’ll be emailed a link where you’ll enter your wording and design preferences.
5. Once we receive your details, you’ll receive a digital PDF proof for your review within 10-14 business days (Mon – Fri).
6. You will have the opportunity to request two rounds of changes. We will send you a revised digital PDF proof within 5-7 business days. Revisions beyond the three proofs that are included are subject to an additional fee of $35 per proof.
7. After you have approved to print, your order will ship in 5-14 business days. This does not include shipping time. (See Shipping section below for details)
For no additional cost you can customize:
- Wording, as long as it fits and maintains the integrity of the design.
- Colors on text, graphics, and background
Additional upgrades available:
- Luxe Papers, we recommend using the same paper on all your pieces.
- Patterns can be added to the back of any piece. Most pattern colors can be customized as well.
- Foil stamping and Die cut edges – Pricing varies and can be added to any order, let us know which pieces you would like foiled or die cut and we will send you a custom quote.
Yes, for semi-custom designs you’ll receive a digital PDF proof within 1-2 business days (M-F) after your payment and order is placed. We include 3 rounds of proofs, additional proofs are subject to a $22 fee.
Yes, for full custom designs you’ll receive a digital proof within 15 business days (M-F) after your wording, design preferences and payment are received. We include 3 rounds of proofs, additional proofs are subject to a $35 fee.
Nothing is printed until you’re happy!
You’ll be assigned to work one-on-one with your very own graphic designer.
Save-the-Date + Envelope
Invitation Card + Envelope
Response Card + Envelope
Thank You Card + Envelope
You’ll likely need to order half of your total guest count. For example, if you are inviting 200 guests, you’ll order approximately 100 invitations.
We recommend ordering 10-15 additional sets as you may have guests added or want to hold a few as keepsakes. You can order additional at a later date, although costs will be greater due to file set up and processing.
There is a minimum order of 25 of any item with the exception of Table Numbers and Signs.
There is no limit to maximum quantity.
Yes, any item that can be printed can be personalized to match your invitation suite.
Envelopes – Custom ink colors for address printing is available on any envelope.
Envelope Liners – Solid or patterned options available and come assembled in the coordinating envelope.
Save the Dates – Available on cardstock or magnetic back format.
Enclosure Cards – Small, Medium, or Large cards that can include directions, accommodations, etc.
Belly Bands – Belts that hold your invitation suite neatly in place.
Tags or Labels – For favors or gifts, these vary in size and can be attached with a string or adhesive label.
Ceremony Program – Vary in format and size and fully customizable wording.
Table Numbers – Guests and catering will easily find their way to their seat.
Escort Cards – Display guest names and their table number. Choose a folded card to stand alone or a flat card to be placed in a card holder
Place Cards – Display guests names at their assigned seat. Choose a folded card to stand alone or a flat card to be placed in a card holder.
Thank You Cards – Choose a folded or flat format. order extra to have on hand long after your wedding.
Menus – Ideal for a served meal that was not pre-selected by your guests.
Signage – Sizes are custom to fit in a frame or with thick card stock can be set on an easel.
Rush jobs can sometimes be accommodated, but please inquire first.
Depending on the job we offer rush printing and shipping which is typically and additional 25 – 40% of your total. Timelines vary and depend on your chosen print method.
If your project includes letterpress, foil stamping, die cutting or engraving rush printing may not be available.
No, we only sell printed stationery.
Shipping and Postage
We provide FREE standard shipping on all U.S. orders over $400. Free shipping excludes Alaska and Hawaii.
Standard Shipping Timeline
Depending on your location, all U.S. orders, excluding Alaska and Hawaii, will arrive within 1-7 days after ship date from our location in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Orders outside the United States require additional shipping costs. Arrival time varies and is dependent on the client’s location. Please contact us directly for an accurate shipping quote and timeline.
Proofs & Prints for Semi-Custom Designs (Prints typically arrives within 10 business days after placing your order)
Once you’ve placed your order and we have all your wording, we will send you a digital PDF proof within 1-2 business days (M-F). Your approval will dictate the timeline. Please allow 1-2 business days for each round of proofs.
Once you’ve approved and are ready to print, we will have your order in the mail within 5-7 business days.
Proofs & Prints for Full Custom Designs (Prints typically arrives within 50 business days after our first meeting)
Once you’ve placed your order, we’ll meet or call to determine your style and budget. In 5-7 business days we will present a design concept to you. With your approval and once we have all your wording, we will send you a digital PDF proof within 5-14 business days.
Should you need revisions, please allow 1-3 business days for each round of proofs.
Once you’ve approved and are ready to print, we will have your order in the mail within 5-14 business days.
Please note that finishing upgrades such as letterpress, foil stamping and die cutting will add additional days to your timeline.
Your approval will factor into printing and shipping timeline. We won’t print until you’re happy with your design.
We offer postage and mailing services for custom suites only. Cost depends on weight and quantity and starts at $1.75 per set.
1 oz –2 oz stamps are most common for your outer invitation envelopes.
1 oz stamps are most common for Response and Thank You cards
Visit your post office with a fully assembled invitation to have it weighed to ensure proper postage.
We offer this additional service on custom suites only, which entails us purchasing postage.
We do not assemble semi-custom suites, however we do assemble envelope liners for all orders.
Yes, depending on the job we offer rush printing and shipping which is typically and additional 25 – 50% of your total. Timelines vary and depend on your chosen print method. Please inquire with your request before submitting your order.
Yes, we ship anywhere by request! Please Contact Us before placing your order if you would like international shipping and we would be happy to send you an estimate.
At this time we do not ship to PO Boxes or APO/FPO addresses. Please enter a physical U.S. address.
We recommend visiting the Post Office during non-peak hours, and requesting that your envelopes be “hand canceled”. Your envelopes will be sorted by a human and not a machine, leaving less chance for any scuffs.
Red Punch Design is not responsible for damage made by the Postal Service.
We are able to process a full refund as long as proofs have not been sent.
If proofs have been sent for a semi-custom design there is a cancellation fee of 30% of your total. The time spent designing your custom proof cannot be refunded.
If proofs have been sent for a full custom design we are unable to refund your deposit. The amount refunded beyond your deposit is based on a how far along in the design and print process we are at time of your cancellation request.
Should you have an issue with your order, please Contact Us immediately and we’re happy to resolve any issue!
Any printed item that includes proofs cannot be returned for a refund as they cannot be resold.
If there is an issue with your order, please Contact Us immediately and we will do our best to resolve the issue!
If your prints do not match your approved proof, we will reprint the prints with errors free of charge.
We cannot refund or accept returns on approved proofs.
Unfortunately, typos and other mistakes can happen. We spell check all text and will bring attention to anything that looks out of place, but ultimately the client is responsible for proofing. Once approved to print by a client, we begin the printing process.